Re: Removing lintian warnings? (package games/dmagnetic)

On Mon, Oct 07, 2019 at 05:25:07PM +0200, Thomas Dettbarn wrote:
> Hello Matthew.
>
> Yes, it does explain EVERYTHING in great detail.
> Unfortunately, that is the opposite of helpful. ;)

So in some other words:

Rules-Requires-Root can be set to "no" unless you ship some files with
non-standard owner or group, or perhaps do something very strange with
permissions.  A package that doesn't require elevated privileges can be
built fine without root.

"Insecure URI" is about using http:// not https://.  In this case, the
https:// URL does not work -- so it's a deficiency of the webpage, not
fixable without upstream's help.  In your case, though, you may have a quite
easy time contacting upstream.  Note that this is not even a warning,
merely a wishlist item.

Likewise, autopkgtests are nice but I don't really see a way to make one
for this package.

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀ A MAP07 (Dead Simple) raspberry tincture recipe: 0.5l 95% alcohol,
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ 1kg raspberries, 0.4kg sugar; put into a big jar for 1 month.