Re: System freeze while compiling

On Sat, Sep 14, 2019 at 10:55:11AM +0200, Abou Al Montacir wrote:
> Hello All,
> I have a small Issue with Debian system freezing when compiling a SW the system
> simply hangs and I need to cut powerTested on both Stretch and Buster. Same
> issue, the compiler makes the system freeze
> Is there a way to avoid this in order to understand what is the issue?

Yes please, make it possible to understand the issue.

Provide information how to reproduce it.

> Actually I'm very surprised that a user space program (compiler) running on an
> unprevileged account (non root) can kill the system as it happens.
> Does anyone know how to sandbox the command so that It does not kill the system?

Good question. Make the question better by telling what the command is.
It might get you an answer how to sandbox it.

> Please CC me as not subscribed.

Done that. Please sent possible follow-ups to the mailinglist.

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--
Leven en laten leven