System freeze

Hello All,

I have a small Issue with Debian system freezing when compiling a SW the system simply hangs and I need to cut power
Tested on both Stretch and Buster. Same issue, the compiler makes the system freeze

Is there a way to avoid this in order to understand what is the issue?

Actually I'm very surprised that a user space program (compiler) running on an unprevileged account (non root) can kill the system as it happens.

Does anyone know how to sandbox the command so that It does not kill the system?

Please CC me as not subscribed.
--
Cheers, Abou Al Montacir