Re: my first debian package

On Sun, Feb 3, 2019 at 7:15 PM Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 4, 2019 at 11:03 AM Robert Arkiletian wrote:
>
> > Thank you for your suggestions. I think I have finally finished making
> > the package. However, the final step debuild -us -uc fails
> > with an error message stating that the source package has two
> > conflicting values: pyfltk and python3-fltk.
>
> The debian/changelog has the wrong package name at the top, it is also
> missing all the history from the old package that was in Debian
> before.
>
> > I'm hoping someone can help me co-maintain it or help me get this
> > package accepted. For your information I am a high school CS teacher
> > in Canada who uses python fltk to teach gui programming. It's a lot
> > easier to tell my students to simply type apt-get install python3-fltk
> > than to get them to build and install the package from source. So I am
> > trying to get the package back into Debian for Buster.
>
> Once the package is ready, you can upload it to the mentors site and
> ask for a sponsor. If you have any questions while creating the
> package, you can ask them on this list or on the #debian-mentors IRC
> channel.
>
> https://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers
> https://mentors.debian.net/sponsors/rfs-howto

Ok I got it a bit further. I fixed the issues mentioned and pushed the
fixes to bitbucket.

https://bitbucket.org/robark/python3-fltk/src/master

 Now I'm getting this error. Any help would be appreciated.

 dpkg-source --before-build .
dpkg-buildpackage: info: host architecture amd64
 fakeroot debian/rules clean
dh clean --with python3
   dh_auto_clean
dh_auto_clean: Please use the third-party "pybuild" build system
instead of python-distutils
dh_auto_clean: This feature will be removed in compat 12.
pyversions: error parsing Python-Version attribute
dh_auto_clean: pyversions -r failed [4]
make: *** [debian/rules:4: clean] Error 4
dpkg-buildpackage: error: fakeroot debian/rules clean subprocess
returned exit status 2
debuild: fatal error at line 1182:
dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc -ui failed