my first debian package

Hi I am trying to create a debian package and submit it before the
Buster Feb 12 soft freeze.

The package used to be in debian before but has been orphaned. The package is

 python-fltk

I am in the process of learning how to build the package. I found a
previous xenial ubuntu package here

https://packages.ubuntu.com/xenial/python-fltk

So I am basically copying the stuff in the debian directory and making
the required changes. However, the old package was a python 2 package.
The one I am building will be for python 3. So I have changed the name
to python3-fltk.

It's a python library that wraps the C++ fltk gui toolkit.  Am I too
late to submit this for Buster.  Any tips or advice is appreciated.