Re: Best way to patch a public header file before installation

On Thu, Nov 8, 2018 at 4:14 AM Mathieu Malaterre wrote:

> I'd like to patch a header file just before it gets installed. In
> particular I'd like to remove a line that contains
> ILMBASE_HAVE_CONTROL_REGISTER_SUPPORT (it is either #define or #undef
> depending on the arch). This way I make sure that my header files are
> arch independent.

Sounds like something that should be fixed upstream.

As a workaround, run this in override_dh_auto_install:

sed -i /ILMBASE_HAVE_CONTROL_REGISTER_SUPPORT/ debian/*/usr/include/*.h

BTW, there are multi-arch dirs for arch-specific headers:

/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/

--
bye,
pabs