Re: Cleaning up after 'gbp buildpackage'

On Sun, Jul 8, 2018 at 9:53 PM Daniele Nicolodi - daniele@grinta.net <pkgoyq.xpt.aea8c39863.daniele#grinta.net@ob.0sg.net> wrote:
On 08/07/2018 19:28, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Sun, 08 Jul 2018, Daniele Nicolodi wrote:
>> After a successful package build done with 'gbp buildpackage' the
>> package directory is left in a state which requires to run 'debuild --
>> clean' before being able to build the package again.
>
> Packages must be buildable several times in a row *without* the need to
> *manually* call the clean target.
>
> If it needs intermediate cleaning, arrange for it to detect and do so
> automatically.

The package builds just fine without intermediated cleaning, it is just
gbp that complains about uncommitted changes to the source tree. That's
why I think I'm missing something about the gbp workflow, as I think
that systematically using --git-ignore-new is not the right thing.

See the recommendation here
 https://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2018/07/msg00086.html
from Shengjing on using `gbp buildpackage export-dir`
feature and see if it might help. It helped for my case.