Re: gbp upstream to pristine-tar, and import-orig filter

On Sun, Jul 8, 2018 at 10:04 PM Tong Sun <pkgoyq.xpt@neverbox.com> wrote:
> gbp clone https://github.com/neurobin/shc.git
>
> cd shc
> git checkout pristine-tar
[...]
> $ gbp buildpackage --git-pristine-tar --git-pristine-tar-commit --git-upstream-tag='%(version)s'

I'm not sure how these command could succeed. At least with my test,
either pristine-tar branch is not auto created, nor pristine-tar can
perform commit.
The upstream repo has same branch/tag name, which confuses pristine-tar .

> However, then, how to make `dpkg-source` happy as well, without complaining? I shouldn't remove them from  upstream git (therefore in my master as well), should I?

That's because the upstream repo has .gitattributes, which influences
the result of `git-archive`. You can use `gbp buildpackage export-dir`
feature to let gbp do same `git-archive` for your debian branch.

--
Best regards,
Shengjing Zhu