Re: gbp upstream to pristine-tar, and import-orig filter

Thanks a lot Shengjing, you've been most helpful -- always bang on, always.

> However, then, how to make `dpkg-source` happy as well, without complaining? I shouldn't remove them from  upstream git (therefore in my master as well), should I?

That's because the upstream repo has .gitattributes, which influences
the result of `git-archive`. You can use `gbp buildpackage export-dir`
feature to let gbp do same `git-archive` for your debian branch.

YEP! That did the trick. THX a lot!

> gbp clone https://github.com/neurobin/shc.git
>
> cd shc
> git checkout pristine-tar
[...]
> $ gbp buildpackage --git-pristine-tar --git-pristine-tar-commit --git-upstream-tag='%(version)s'

I'm not sure how these command could succeed. At least with my test,
either pristine-tar branch is not auto created, nor pristine-tar can
perform commit.
The upstream repo has same branch/tag name, which confuses pristine-tar .

I don't know either, but it just magically works for me. With your above trick, now everything is working fine for me. I swear that what I posted in OP is all that I did.
Did you create `pristine-tar` manually before calling `gbp buildpackage`? as in:

------
git branch pristine-tar

$ git branch -v
* master       9109084 [ahead 1] - [+] add debian/ from upstream packing
  pristine-tar 9109084 - [+] add debian/ from upstream packing
  release      379c501 release after fix #38
------

I also did, `uscan --force-download` once, but believe it is irrelevant, as I've deleted what downloaded after your fist tip.

Besides these two, I'm absolutely sure there is no more magic that I did.

Thanks again for all your helps!

Oh, PS, my pristine-tar does looks a bit weird to me:

------
$ git checkout pristine-tar
Switched to branch 'pristine-tar'

$ ls -1
AUTHORS
COPYING
ChangeLog
INSTALL
Makefile.am
Makefile.in
NEWS
README
README.md
aclocal.m4
autogen.sh
config
configure
configure.ac
debian
man.html
man.md
shc.1
shc_3.9.6.orig.tar.gz.delta
shc_3.9.6.orig.tar.gz.id
src
test
------

I.e., besides the shc_3.9.6.orig.tar.gz.delta & shc_3.9.6.orig.tar.gz.id files, all files from my master are in there as well. I have tried to remove them all, but found that files in my master branch get deleted too. Weird.