i386 and AMD architectures in debian/control was Re: Building a prospective 32 bit package on 64 bits.

Andrey Rahmatullin schreef op 2018-04-26 17:47:
Please don't start a new thread by replying to some existing email.

I hit "send" on a concept inadvertantly.
I also see some irritation about the poor phrasing of the concept
that steers you away from the actual question. My apologies.

<SNIP>

Running a AMD architecture Debian I run programs built for i386 without
giving it much thought.

Is it sufficient if an i386 package builds and tests properly on an AMD
buster, or is it mandatory to
install a i386 buster for testing?
Most our packages work on all architectures.

Sure but this question is about a package that is for one architecture only.

Let me phrase it more bluntly.
I've a package for i386. 1) The reason is clear and unadvoidable.
Its source is i386 assembler.

The question is:

It will run on an AMD architecture too (as is confirmed by a test.)
and I want the package to be installable on an AMD architecture.

Can/Should I add the architecture AMD in debian/control to achieve
this? Is this maybe unnecessary?

Groetjes Albert
--
Suffering is the prerogative of the strong, the weak -- perish.
Albert van der Horst

1) Not hypothetical: lina.