Re: C++ and Python package combined

Thanks Leo,

I've checked out ros-bond-core now and found that it's simpler than what I have: The Python package is installed just like the rest of the library with CMake, plus there are no compiled Python extensions that would need to link against the bond library. That's why d/rules can be so simple. Unfortunately, this doesn't help much with my problem.

Cheers,
Nico

On Mon, Apr 9, 2018 at 1:18 PM Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda <leo@alaxarxa.net> wrote:
On 06/04/18 16:38, Nico Schlömer wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I would like to package a piece of software that includes both a C++
> library and a Python package. When building locally from scratch, one is
> supposed to
>
>   * build and install the library first,
>   (* then build and run the tests, compiling against what just has been
> installed,)
>   * then build and install the Python package, compiling against what just
> has been installed.
>
> If C++ library and Python packages came from two different sources, things
> would be easy. It's not clear to me though how to first install one part of
> a source, and then another against it. Perhaps there are example packages
> out there that do that already.
>
> Any hints?

Nico,

maybe it helps. The ROS robotics packages has a lot of examples of C++ libraries
and Python code. They are located in salsa, for instance:

 https://salsa.debian.org/science-team/ros-bond-core

Take one eye. Look any example of package that begins with ros-

Best regards,

Leopold

Linux User 152692     GPG: 05F4A7A949A2D9AA
Catalonia