Re: C++ and Python package combined

On 06/04/18 16:38, Nico Schlömer wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I would like to package a piece of software that includes both a C++
> library and a Python package. When building locally from scratch, one is
> supposed to
>
>   * build and install the library first,
>   (* then build and run the tests, compiling against what just has been
> installed,)
>   * then build and install the Python package, compiling against what just
> has been installed.
>
> If C++ library and Python packages came from two different sources, things
> would be easy. It's not clear to me though how to first install one part of
> a source, and then another against it. Perhaps there are example packages
> out there that do that already.
>
> Any hints?

Nico,

maybe it helps. The ROS robotics packages has a lot of examples of C++ libraries
and Python code. They are located in salsa, for instance:

 https://salsa.debian.org/science-team/ros-bond-core

Take one eye. Look any example of package that begins with ros-

Best regards,

Leopold

Linux User 152692     GPG: 05F4A7A949A2D9AA
Catalonia