Re: compiled binary file in source package

Miroslav Kravec <kravec.miroslav@gmail.com> writes:

> On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 9:38 AM, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
> > https://wiki.debian.org/EmbeddedCodeCopies
>
> And, is there any official recommendation to get software (development
> tools) rather packaged, and used as build dependency, than being
> copied?

I'm not sure I understand the question. I think you are asking about
general-purpose, third-party-maintained development tools.

If so: yes, the recommendation is that third-party-maintained software
should not be bundled, but instead packaged for general use in a
separate Debian package. That's what the document at the above URL is
discussing; it includes a link to the relevant Debian Policy section.

If you mean something different, can you clarify?

--
 \             “Skepticism is the highest duty and blind faith the one |
  `\               unpardonable sin.” —Thomas Henry Huxley, _Essays on |