Re: compiled binary file in source package

On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 5:14 AM, Ben Finney <bignose@debian.org> wrote:
> A source package that contains a file that requires source not in Debian
> is one of the reasons given by FTP masters for rejecting a source
> package <URL:https://ftp-master.debian.org/REJECT-FAQ.html>, as a
> “serious violation” of Debian policy.

Could you please provide the name of the policy? I've just read it,
and I haven't found one.

I found:
 - Generated files, which is fine, as long as there's corresponding
original form
 - Source missing, which is fine too, because it's not missing, it's in package

I got interested in this, as I want to use a tool, which isn't
packaged in debian. And upstream considers it to be a good idea to
include tool's sources into project, where it's used. I like more
clean solution - get the tool packaged into debian, then use the tool
in my project.