Re: Help to clarify an issue

On Mon, Jan 01, 2018 at 10:47:26AM -0500, The Wanderer wrote:
> On 2018-01-01 at 10:39, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:
> > On Mon, Jan 01, 2018 at 01:30:16PM -0200, Herbert Fortes wrote:
> >> The package is orphan now and what it is seems as best can be done
> >> by who wants to do the job.
> >
> > So your argument is "the package is not developed anymore (?) and
> > was always like that, so let's not touch it too much"?
>
> I parsed his statement as meaning "Okay, since my opinion as maintainer
> of this package isn't being accepted, I'm declaring the package
> orphaned; now anyone who wants to work on it can do so".
>
> I mean, I hope I'm wrong, because orphaning would be a drastic and
> unfortunate outcome from this - but that's how I interpret it.

Hell, no, that was definitely not what I meant.

It probably is my fault in misunderstanding its usage of the "orphan"
word above, see "The package is orphan now".  I didn't want to read "I
orphaned the package" in that, and definitely I wasn't even thinking of
that outcome.

- https://bugs.debian.org/886013

Herbert: In no way I was even thinking of you giving up the package!
(Also, I believe the only person interested in the package is Jonhatan)

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo

more about me:  https://mapreri.org                             : :'  :