Re: Help to clarify an issue

On 2018-01-01 at 10:39, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 01, 2018 at 01:30:16PM -0200, Herbert Fortes wrote:
>
>> The package is orphan now and what it is seems as best can be done
>> by who wants to do the job.
>
> So your argument is "the package is not developed anymore (?) and
> was always like that, so let's not touch it too much"?

I parsed his statement as meaning "Okay, since my opinion as maintainer
of this package isn't being accepted, I'm declaring the package
orphaned; now anyone who wants to work on it can do so".

I mean, I hope I'm wrong, because orphaning would be a drastic and
unfortunate outcome from this - but that's how I interpret it.

--
   The Wanderer