Re: Replace cron with systemd timer unit?

Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> writes:

> On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 1:53 PM, Ben Hildred wrote:
>
> > You do realise that there are people who do not run systemd?
>
> They can use the cron job as usual.

If the cron job is removed – necessarily entailed by “replace it”,
surely? – then how can they continue to use it after it is replaced by
something else?

--
 \       “A ‘No’ uttered from deepest conviction is better and greater |
  `\       than a ‘Yes’ merely uttered to please, or what is worse, to |