Re: Replace cron with systemd timer unit?

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 11:20 AM, Ricardo Fraile <rfraile@rfraile.eu> wrote:

Hi,

The tuptime package have a cron file in it and I am thinking on replace it with a systemd timer unit.

In the Debian Policy there are only references to cron, the same as in the Developers Reference Guide and Maintainer Guide.

I like some aspects of the .timer, but I don't know if the change is a good idea or not at this moment? There are any other package that has changed from cron to .timer? What is the official recomendation?

Thanks,

You do realise that there are people who do not run systemd?

Ben Hildred
Automation Support Services