Re: Making a srouce package Bug - #859130 ITP: lina -- iso- Forth interpreter

Gianfranco Costamagna schreef op 2017-06-29 15:11:
Hello,

My Debian 7.11 3.2.0-4-amd64 says that build-essential is

debian current stable is "9", not "7" :)
I'm not ready to tackle systemd yet. :-( .

<SNIP>
https://github.com/albertvanderhorst/ciforth

I don't see a debian directory, so I'll stop the review there :)
That is as "upstream" as can be so yes, you are right to stop there.
The only thing that could be of interest to Debian are upstream source
distributions in the directory release. I shouldn't have called it
a package.

The important question remains unanswered:

Say an upstream source package contains

"
COPYING
x.s
x.texinfo
x.1
Makefile
"

That is .s as in assembler. This package has been written in assembler.
I understand that you find that hard to believe.
Every instruction has been handcrafted, not compiled.
This is for one architecture of course.

The package has no runtime dependancies, only build time. No static libraries,
no dynamic libraries.

Tell me how to proceed to make a proper Debian source package from it
or tell me that such a package can never be turned into a proper Debian
package.

G.
Groetjes Albert

--
Suffering is the prerogative of the strong, the weak -- perish.
Albert van der Horst