Re: someone knows about https://archive.debian.net/

Hi

Am 22.04.2017 um 16:35 schrieb PICCORO McKAY Lenz:
[...]
debian have many out (very out) to date packages like ejabberd.. and u
tell me about "security" please! theres a issue related to slim, due bad
integrtion with pam and systemd, see it
[...]
debian have many out (very out) to date packages like ejabberd.. and u
tell me about "security" please!

I must protest! Have you checked the facts lately?

https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/ejabberd

I have ported ejabberd 16.09 all the way back to Wheezy (via backports-sloppy).

ejabberd 16.09 is the latest release before a series of major code refactorings introducing a ton of new bugs and regressions. It is still quite a recent release which can be configured to be 100% compliant with current XMPP compliance suites (XEP-0387).

ejabberd 17.04 is already available in experimental and will be available for Jessie and Stretch once stretch-backports and jessie-backports-sloppy are open.

If you are running a public server on a Debian release older than Wheezy, that is a severe security problem to every participant on the net and should be shut down immediately. It's also totally your own fault then that you have only an ancient ejabberd version available. You cannot expect a current release of any software to be present in an obsolete Debian release.

Regards,
--
 .''`.   Philipp Huebner <debalance@debian.org>
: :'  :  pgp fp: 6719 25C5 B8CD E74A 5225  3DF9 E5CA 8C49 25E4 205F