Re: someone knows about https://archive.debian.net/

hi Andreas.. thanks for u'r work, i'll explain to u about my work.. related to solve that preciselly:

debian have many out (very out) to date packages like ejabberd.. and u tell me about "security" please! theres a issue related to slim, due bad integrtion with pam and systemd, see it

It is not the intent of Debian or the Open Source community to make you buy new hardware, nobody would benefit from that. Blame the vendor of your hardware for not supporting its devices instead. I know that an archive of old releases may still be sometimes useful. I once
the vendor its not related here.. due the hardware are working prefectly
i noted some dias ago reportbug (made in pytnhon argg) crashed.. due i installed the new version from backport.. so i couldn made reports .. i'll try to report that and the reponse was very unconfortable.... : 859308 see it! https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=859309#10

my sistem after install sllim (very bad integrate to systemd changes) got broken due was unnable to connect to internet..  so i report using a cybercafe.. but the response was very very unconfortable.. https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=859309#10 so please people who can i report bug if the bug report was broken, and then networkmananger was broken due bad integration of slim package? please, ...

please remember that it is most likely not Debian's fault that your device is no longer supported, so please calm down a bit. Also remember that any active system needs maintenance and
i try to do manteniance as its possible for a portio to those people that not have money, not have hardware and not have resourde to follow capitalims or resources to buy a new fashion hardware, and mostly when their current hardware are working prefectly and better than others...

seem many of debian does not understand that world its more bigger rather their little opensource debian systemd only hole.. its very frustrating try to help and every door are constant closing...

please try to understand that some only try to use their hardware that are present.. not buy newer when their present are currently working..

of course i understand that every must evolute.. but too muct evolution only have one end: extintion.. including the hole space will be a freeze dark with oscure matter...  so in those cases its better going very very slow... and it hardware and softwaer still can be used why envolute?
so then if not broken, not update it!

support. Even if your system works for you, there are millions of old and outdated systems out there which are being used as bots for attacking other people. Taking care of security is a form of social responsibility, IMHO.

in this behaviour, i try to help many people,..  that's why i very use the debian archive front page search to my novice aprendice and then once that learn the next way its the apt-cache way

had to "revive" and old machine which was left running for 7 (!) years completely unmaintained. It had an old Adabas database on it which would only run with libc5, and in order to get the data exported I had to install some tools into that system. I was lucky that an archive with old software existed at that time.

But, and that is the important point, please also remember that most work in the Open Source world is done in free time and free of charge. As already said, someone needs to maintain such an archive, and if there is noone then there is no archive. No reason to blame someone either.

since sarge, the most interesting people in contribute to debian proyect.. later then goes away from... so maybe its a debian out of the way principies today?

debian have many out (very out) to date packages like ejabberd.. and u tell me about "security" please!

in my free time, i'll try to colaborate to help up to date those packages.. but the process to become are very painfully for beginners and also mostly for those that not have time to so many rules... starting by mentor removals of work after only some days...

bye,
Andreas