Re: Sigrok RFSs

Dear All,

On 03/14/2017 10:20 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:
Hi Dima,

On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 01:58:15PM -0700, Dima Kogan wrote:
Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> writes:

As far as I can see sigrok fits nicely into the Debian Science scope
and thus I'd recommend maintaining the packages in this team and sending
the RFPs on the relevant mailing list might make the right noise at the
right place.
Hi. Aaron Brady has been working on getting the newer sigrok packages
ready as part of the pkg-electronics team. I've been reviewing his
packages so far. This was discussed at

I think pkg-electronics is a more appropriate place for this, although
it doesn't really matter.
I agree that if there is a pkg-electronics team that is fine for me.
What would be not fine is if this team is not updating the electronics
task of Debian Science.  Please make sure that all relevant packages are
mentioned there!

IMHO the pkg-electronics could be indeed a more appropriate place for maintaining
these packages, and also, they should be listed on the Debian Science/Electronics task.

Zoltan: your packages are ready for review
now, or you're still working on it? Can you please talk with Aaron to
compare the two efforts? I can't review anything until next week, maybe,
but can look at it then.
I believe that the packages are ready for the first iteration of review, and i also
uploaded them to mentors.debian.net, pls find here [1] the aggregated list.
The only issue i became aware of that these packages are released for unstable
but they should be uploaded to experimental (due to the stretch freeze),
i can fix that one in the (most likely anyway needed:) next iteration.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

 It seems we nicely teamed up to maintain this,
how should we proceed, should be check the corresponding
RFAs to ITA?

[1]
https://mentors.debian.net/package/sigrok-firmware-fx2lafw
https://mentors.debian.net/package/pulseview