Re: Sigrok RFSs

Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> writes:

> On Sat, Mar 11, 2017 at 03:32:42AM +0100, Zoltan Gyarmati wrote:
>> Dear Mentors,
>>
>> at the beggining of the last week i submitted a couple of RFSs[1]
>> regarding to the packages related to the sigrok[2] suite and its updates
>> since the last version released to Debian.
>>  I'll be the first to admit that it's rather big pile of stuff to review
>> (we are talking about 6 source packages, also with soname upgrades and
>> so on), and i also know that most of the DD community is busy with
>> Stretch related tasks, but even then:
>>  what else (beside uploading the updated packages and file the RFSs) can
>> i do to ease the reviewing work and mainly to find a sponsor to provide
>> the certainly needed guidence?
>
> As far as I can see sigrok fits nicely into the Debian Science scope
> and thus I'd recommend maintaining the packages in this team and sending
> the RFPs on the relevant mailing list might make the right noise at the
> right place.

Hi. Aaron Brady has been working on getting the newer sigrok packages
ready as part of the pkg-electronics team. I've been reviewing his
packages so far. This was discussed at

I think pkg-electronics is a more appropriate place for this, although
it doesn't really matter. Zoltan: your packages are ready for review
now, or you're still working on it? Can you please talk with Aaron to
compare the two efforts? I can't review anything until next week, maybe,
but can look at it then.

dima