Re: [RFC] How to review RFS package

Dear Sean, Gianfranco,

Thanks for your feedback!

On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 11:18 PM, Sean Whitton <spwhitton@spwhitton.name> wrote:

> I've made some edits.
>
> Your page should probably discuss sbuild/pbuilder.

On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 11:23 PM, Gianfranco Costamagna
<costamagnagianfranco@yahoo.it> wrote:

> a low-level manual is something nice to have...
>
> I propose some additions for non-new packages:
> "dget -u" unpacks the source in case you already trust the person (but you didn't update the keyring)
>

> debdiff between versions (in case of update)
> filterdiff debdiff -i "*debian*" > debdiff.filtered
> to see just debian changes

I added your suggestion to the final "ideas" section in that wiki page.

> apt build-dep (dsc-file) to build-dependencies

I remember "apt build-dep <pkg_name>" is only for package already
exists in archive.
It's not proper for ITP, or B-D updated package.

Cheers,
--
Roger Shimizu, GMT +9 Tokyo
PGP/GPG: 4096R/6C6ACD6417B3ACB1