Re: Any reason to keep libsdsl in experimental (Was: Please help creating shared *and* static library with cmake)

On 09/04/16 18:31, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi Tomasz,
>
> On Sat, Apr 09, 2016 at 04:47:35PM +0200, Tomasz Buchert wrote:
> >
> > the only reason is that it doesn't build on most architectures. The
> > upstream devel version build, I think, on other archs, but it hasn't
> > been released yet. I've asked the upstream author to release a new
> > version, but unfortunately without any success.

Hi Andreas,

> That's a bit sad but unfortunately we have several other packages where
> this is the case and IMHO that's not a urgent reason to keep a package
> in experimental.

Ok.

> > So, what I can do is to release libsdsl to only limited number of
> > archs (amd64, arm64, ppc64el, s390x) and then in the future I would
> > extend this list. This will obviously limit the architectures that
> > any reverse dependency will build on.
> >
> > What do you think?
>
> This would be really helpful for my plan since I have a package that
> depends from this lib and I would like to move this to main (even want
> to create a backport).  So if you would upload to unstable this would
> be really welcome.

I've just done it. The package is uploaded under the umbrella of
debian-science although I'm not yet a member myself. I requested
membership and will move the git repository when I'll have necessary
rights.

> Moreover I would consider the package a sensible target for the Debian
> Science team - it would be great if you could move it to Debian Science
> Git and use
>    "Debian Science Team <debian-science-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>"
> as maintainer.

Done.

> As a side effect this would simplify contributions to the package - I
> noticed that I was not able to commit to the repository (which is
> strange since I usually do not have an problems to commit to
> collab-maint.

That's weird. What kind of errors you get?

> Kind regards
>
>       Andreas.
>
> --
> http://fam-tille.de