Re: Any reason to keep libsdsl in experimental (Was: Please help creating shared *and* static library with cmake)

Hi Tomasz,

On Sat, Apr 09, 2016 at 04:47:35PM +0200, Tomasz Buchert wrote:

> the only reason is that it doesn't build on most architectures. The
> upstream devel version build, I think, on other archs, but it hasn't
> been released yet. I've asked the upstream author to release a new
> version, but unfortunately without any success.

That's a bit sad but unfortunately we have several other packages where
this is the case and IMHO that's not a urgent reason to keep a package
in experimental.

> So, what I can do is to release libsdsl to only limited number of
> archs (amd64, arm64, ppc64el, s390x) and then in the future I would
> extend this list. This will obviously limit the architectures that
> any reverse dependency will build on.
>
> What do you think?

This would be really helpful for my plan since I have a package that
depends from this lib and I would like to move this to main (even want
to create a backport).  So if you would upload to unstable this would
be really welcome.

Moreover I would consider the package a sensible target for the Debian
Science team - it would be great if you could move it to Debian Science
Git and use
   "Debian Science Team <debian-science-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>"
as maintainer.

As a side effect this would simplify contributions to the package - I
noticed that I was not able to commit to the repository (which is
strange since I usually do not have an problems to commit to
collab-maint.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--