Re: Pseudotransition

Hello Gianfranco,

On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 10:15:51PM +0000, Gianfranco Costamagna wrote:
> as usual, I don't have any authoritative hat, but people consider a "transition"
> something that involves more than 5-10 packages, in this case
>
> your one seems to be an internal transition, and not worth a transition slot
> (specially for haskell stuff, that is a permanent transition).

Thank you for your reply.  I think I should have just asked the release
team whether this would violate the freeze or not.  I've e-mailed them.

I have another question that is appropriate for -mentors, though: do I
need to patch in a SONAME bump?

I have now confirmed that libghc-zxcvbn-c-dev, the only package in
unstable that depends on libzxcvbn, does not require a binNMU to work
with the new version of libzxcvbn.  And there has been no stable release
containing libzxcvbn, so there are almost certainly no compiled binaries
out there which will break.  I don't want a delta from upstream if I can
avoid it.  Is a SONAME bump needed?

Thanks.

--
Sean Whitton