Re: a few questions on ITP shadowsocks-libev before formal RFS

Hi,

>I have set up a git repo on github: https://github.com/rogers0/shadowsocks-libev
>My current changes are pushed to branch: RFC

(I won't clone that right now, only answering questions)
>Package builds fine with command: gbp buildpackage -us -uc --git-ignore-branch

you should also try pbuilder or sbuild clean environments
>Some questions/issues that I'm not sure:
>- Upstream maintained debian/ folder long before, I'm going to keep
>the original debian/changelog. So I should also keep the upstream as
>maintainer, and add myself as the uploader?

I would remove the upstream packaging, we use changelog to keep track
of changes that went in Debian, not changes that were done by somebody else.

>- The package is mainly GPLv3, but it links to OpenSSL library, is>that OK? Since there's concern mentioned in debian/README.Debian

please read that page
https://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/copyright-format/1.0/

>- Upstream repo includes library source code of libev, libsodium,>libudns. Is it OK to keep as it is, or have to remove and make another
>source tarball?

as long as you don't use them it is fine, please try to package them separately
and use the system versions, not bundled code

BTW the copyright file has to list them, so there is a tradeoff between removing files to
have a more readable /easy to maintain copyright file and tarball, and having a pristine tarball from
upstream.

>- The answer of above question may affect: whether I should remove>copyright of library libev, libsodium, libudns from debian/copyright?

oops answered above :)
(BTW a repack done not because of non-dfsg files is a "ds" aka Debian Source repack)

please check copyright Files-Excluded: keyword

>- Is it needed to add "dh_autoreconf" in debian/rules? I have tested>it, it builds well.

add dh-autoreconf to control file and
"dh $@ --with autoreconf"
in the default call (rules file)

>- I have no idea on the following lintian error, because>postrm/postinst scripts are generated by dh
>====
>E: shadowsocks-libev: postrm-contains-additional-updaterc.d-calls
>etc/init.d/shadowsocks-libev-local
>E: shadowsocks-libev: postrm-contains-additional-updaterc.d-calls
>etc/init.d/shadowsocks-libev-tunnel
>E: shadowsocks-libev: postrm-contains-additional-updaterc.d-calls
>etc/init.d/shadowsocks-libev-server
>E: shadowsocks-libev: postrm-contains-additional-updaterc.d-calls
>etc/init.d/shadowsocks-libev-redir
>====

maybe the broken files comes from upstream?

G.