Re: Including "orig.tar.gz" for upload with gbp/git-buildpackage

Hi Gianfranco,

On 30 January 2016 at 06:25, Gianfranco Costamagna
<costamagnagianfranco@yahoo.it> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> gbp buildpackage -S -sa works for me.
>
> Mentors strips binaries, so I don't understand why to call it with pbuilder :)

Mostly because using "USE_PDEBUILD_INTERNAL=yes" in "~/.pbuilderrc" I
don't have to install the build dependencies (which maybe
needed[1][2]) on the system itself, as it will take care of everything
on the chroot. Although I do have a machine which is reserved for
development only, I take care for what is installed on it.

That's also the reason why "gbp buildpackage -S -sa" (without
pbuilder) didn't worked for me.

> And in case you want to do a backport, where you have to include the orig tarball, but pbuilder strips
> it (yes, it happens)
>
> "changestool package_version~bpo8+1_amd64.changes includeallsources"
>
> this is how I force the reinclusion of the source tarball.

That did the trick! Thank you very much, Gianfranco! :-)

> cheers,
>
> Gianfranco

Regards,
Tiago.