Re: Package libburn-1.4.2.pl01.tar.gz as 1.4.2-2 or as 1.4.2.pl01-1 ?

Hi,

i wrote:
> >I am waiting for the new upstream tarball to be recognized by
> >uscan and reported to the package tracker.

> it is reconized as soon as published (uscan locally just does a wget and
> looks for versions to parse)

It's a local thing too ?
I thought it was for the "action needed" frame of tracker.debian.org
Normally a day after upstream releases i see a notification there.

A link to bug report 813020 of yesterday appeared a few hours ago.

debian/watch says:
  version=3
  opts="uversionmangle=s/\.pl\d+$//,pgpsigurlmangle=s/$/.sig/" \
  http://files.libburnia-project.org/releases/libburn-(.*)\.tar\.gz

Looks like a user named mukidohime-guest refered to my .pl habits
in the watch file back in 2008
  http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/pkg-libburnia/trunk/libburn/debian/watch?r1=11&r2=26

> you are the maintainer and upstream, it is up to you :D

Am i not Uploader ? (Despite it is Dominique Dumont who loads up
what i commit as maintainer of the Debian package SVN.)

Whatever, Debian packaging is about the same kind of riddle to me
as is autotools. After a few years of heuristic usage i am now
able to write my own feature test macros in acinclude.m4 and wire
them through configure.ac and Makefile.am.
So not all hope is lost about me and Debian packaging.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas