Bug#809623: RFS: telegram-purple/1.2.3-1
On Sat, 02 Jan 2016 01:49:10 +0100 Ben Wiederhake
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "telegram-purple"
I am not a DD or DM, so I can't offer sponsoring, but here are some
things for you to look at.
I'm hoping to help you improve the package and to learn myself as well.
- Usually only the versions that made into Debian are listed here,
so I'd collapse the entries to just one entry containing "Initial
- The Vcs-* fields point to debian packaging. You should specify
the branch in Vcs-Git as described in Debian Policy §5.6.26  and
add Vcs-Browser field, too.
- Most of those comment lines seem to be from a package template and
could be removed. I'd keep just L29 which actually explains why
something is done (and of course L1 which is the special shebang
- In upstream README.md you tell Debian Maintainers to use the
genorigtar.sh. Looking at Policy §4.14, I think README.source should
also instruct to do that.
* Paul Wise already wondered if libtgl should be separately packaged.
The related Debian Policy bit is §4.13