Re: Questions before my first upload attempt

* Gianfranco Costamagna <costamagnagianfranco@yahoo.it>, 2015-08-24, 07:00:
 debian/tmp/usr/include/libburn/libburn.h
 debian/tmp/usr/lib/*/libburn*.a
 debian/tmp/usr/lib/*/libburn.so
 debian/tmp/usr/lib/*/pkgconfig/libburn-1.pc

not sure why you ship a static library,
we usually do not build/ship them

Um, no. We have literally thousands of packages shipping static libraries (in addition to shared libraries). Policy §8.3 says: “The static library (‘<libraryname.a>’) is usually provided in addition to the shared version.”

(if a static library is really needed you might consider adding another -static binary package, instead of putting in the same binary, but this is up to you)

That would be very unusual. Policy §8.3 says static libraries should put into the -dev package.

--
Jakub Wilk