Re: Introduce wrapper package of linuxbrew into Debian

Hi Lumin,

>I have just uploaded a updated package to mentors several seconds ago,
>and I will CC you later in the d-devel discussion.

thanks but I already follow -devel :)
>If I don't write them in dch, even I will forget what I've done to
>the package months later.
>
>Policy chapter 4.4 said so:
>
>Changes in the Debian version of the package should be briefly explained in the Debian changelog file debian
>/changelog. This includes modifications made in the Debian package compared to the upstream one as well as other
>changes and updates to the package.
>So I realized that I really wrote some unnecessary things into dch.

yes, but you need to write them only when the upload is performed, since the package wasn't in Debian, the changes
starts from now (and you have your git history to remember about that)

BTW the git urls are wrong:

examples of good git urls:

Vcs-Git: git://anonscm.debian.org/collab-maint/package-xx.git
Vcs-Browser: http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/package-xx.git

>It's still useful.
>I symlink'ed wrapper script /usr/bin/linuxbrew to /usr/bin/brew,
>and I provided a manpage for linuxbrew-wrapper(7) and symlinked it to
>linuxbrew(7).

indeed, thanks for clarifying
>I have changed Debian license to GPL-2.

again, forwarding patches from GPL-* to BSD-* is not allowed.
So another folk won't be able to forward a patch you made in Debian to
upstream.

Think about that possibility, maybe it isn't important/real for you, but
I want to make you aware of that

cheers,

G.