Re: RFS: Looking for a mentor for my dspdfviewer package

On 05/08/15 17:10, Danny Edel wrote:
> I won't have it ready today, expect a revised package tomorrow.

While going through the changes, I actually stumbled upon a regression,
forcing me to release a bugfix/maintenance version v1.13.1 upstream.

I used the opportunity to do some cleaning:

* Create an upstream changelog. debhelper found it and auto-compressed
it without any change to debian/rules or similar.

* All the build-system-things in debian/patches that were in
upstream/master have been backported into upstream/release, landing in
v1.13.1. So now the debian/patches directory is empty and other dists
benefit from the cleanups (such as letting the packager decide -g with
-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE)

* The .desktop file is included, and it is in upstream/release aswell.

* I could practice importing a new source release and test out the
debian/watch file (it works!). I remembered the "Only one changelog
entry" rule and re-wrote debian/changelog, so that its still a fresh
package.

* The two remaining comments in debian/rules are from me, no more
boilerplate copies.

* I used the documentation on https://wiki.debian.org/DebugPackage to
create a -dbg package, and corrected the lintian errors.
-> Is there any way I can verify that this -dbg package works correctly?
The linked wiki page doesn't list that.

* Both source and binary are completely silent with the EvIL lintian
command you showed me.

So now there's a revised package at

http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/d/dspdfviewer/dspdfviewer_1.13.1-1.dsc

It would be good if you could take a final look at it (Now hopefully
bug-free). Especially the -dbg part I'm not 100% sure if I added that
correctly, or if I messed up $stuff while migrating the debian/
directory to the new version.

If everything is in order, please tell me what I have to do to trigger
the uploading/inclusion process into official Debian.

--
Many thanks again for your mentoring,

Danny

mail@danny-edel.de