Re: Dropping debian/ directory vs Continuous Integration / daily-debs

> * Danny Edel <debian@danny-edel.de>, 2015-07-31, 22:51:
>> I wanted to ask for an inclusion in debian, but the policy says that
>> even if I'm upstream myself, I'm not supposed to have a debian/
>> directory at all.
>
> There is no such policy.
>
> debian/ in .orig.tar might be slightly annoying for the Debian
> maintainer, but that's it.

I did also read on debian-devel that putting the debian/ directory in the same (git) repo has some drawbacks and is not recommended (at least not in the same branch). I cannot remember all arguments, but some can be found here :
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMentorsFaq#What.27s_wrong_with_upstream_shipping_a_debian.2F_directory.3F

BR,
Fabrice