Re: RFS: Looking for a mentor for my dspdfviewer package

On 05/08/15 11:52, Gianfranco Costamagna wrote:

> Some issues:
> 1) please provide a .desktop file if possible

I will.

> 2) it seems to work bad with an external monitor.
>
> It splits the pdf half in the main monitor and half in the extended one.
>
> I'm attaching a picture.

This is working exactly as intended : )

Try the -f / --full-page command-line switch for "regular" PDFs.

The main feature is the double-width thing, since latex-beamer
presentations support a "Notes to the presenting person" mode, where
they output a double-width PDF with the actual presentation on the left
half, and the notes on the right.

The reason I wrote this viewer was that while this is really useful,
there was no viewer that actually did this splitting on runtime. Hence
dspdfviewer came to life : )

I have created a super basic example at

https://github.com/dannyedel/example-beamer-presentations/releases/tag/v0.1

Of course, the \note{} things will be a lot more sophisticated on real
presentations, but I think you get the idea.

> Let me know if you open an RFS bug.

I have sent an email to the submit bug, but from my mail@danny-edel.de
address. I guess it isn't unblocked yet, but I want to wait for a safe
time before I post from debian@danny-edel.de. I'd rather like to avoid a
doublepost.

> (I can eventually sponsor the package BTW)
That would be amazing! Should I even file an RFS bug again then (in case
the email doesn't get through)?

--

Cheers,

Danny