Re: RFS: Looking for a mentor for my dspdfviewer package

>This is working exactly as intended : )
>
>Try the -f / --full-page command-line switch for "regular" PDFs.

ok, I thought this was a bug... BTW I have the main monitor to the left, and the extended to the right, why does it show the opposite order for regular pdfs?

>The main feature is the double-width thing, since latex-beamer
>presentations support a "Notes to the presenting person" mode, where
>they output a double-width PDF with the actual presentation on the left
>half, and the notes on the right.
>
>The reason I wrote this viewer was that while this is really useful,
>there was no viewer that actually did this splitting on runtime. Hence
>dspdfviewer came to life : )

I wish I had this for my master thesis :)

I used beamer, your tool would have helped in the discussion ;)

>I have created a super basic example at
>
>https://github.com/dannyedel/example-beamer-presentations/releases/tag/v0.1

>Of course, the \note{} things will be a lot more sophisticated n real
>presentations, but I think you get the idea.

Yes, I already got the idea :)

>address. I guess it isn't unblocked yet, but I want to wait for a safe
>time before I post from debian@danny-edel.de. I'd rather like to avoid a
>doublepost.

Usually one hour is enough, the mail are processed I guess each 10 minutes or so.

>That would be amazing! Should I even file an RFS bug again then (in case
>the email doesn't get through)?

that would be my first sponsored package, so maybe would be nice to have some other
eye on the package, but I guess as soon as I get more confident with the sponsoring
and the package is already on unstable/Stretch you can ping me directly.

Cheers,

Gianfranco