Re: RFS: Looking for a mentor for my dspdfviewer package

On Sat, 1 Aug 2015 15:57:08 +0200
Danny Edel <debian@danny-edel.de> wrote:

> Dear Debian mentors,
>
> I have created a debian package for my project dspdfviewer, a
> dual-screen pdf viewer specifically made for LaTeX-Beamer presentations.
> I have been programming and maintaining this since winter 2012/2013, and
> I believe it is stable and mature enough now to be included in Debian.
>
> > Where the package can be obtained from
>
> Download from [my server] or if that is better I will also post it to
> debian mentors server.
>
> [my server]:
> http://danny-edel.de/deb/pool/main/d/dspdfviewer/dspdfviewer_1.13-2.dsc

Hi Danny,

I'm not a DD, so I can't sponsor your package, but I had a look and
here are some things that I noticed:

d/changelog:
-Since the package hasn't been uploaded to Debian yet, you should only
have one changelog entry; you should get rid of version 1.13-2.

d/compat:
-Have you considered upgrading to debhelper 9?

d/control:
-Priority should be "optional".

d/docs:
-You could add INSTALL and README.md to this file

d/manpages:
-You don't need this file.

d/README:
-You don't need this file.

General:
-If mail@danny-edel.de isn't being accepted by the Debian mailing
lists, you can get whitelisted by subscribing to this list:
https://lists.debian.org/whitelist/
-Seeing as you're upstream, you should be able to fix the lintian
error debian-watch-may-check-gpg-signature
-Also seeing as you're upstream, in future releases
you might consider fixing no-upstream-changelog. You don't have to do
that now, though. :)

Good luck getting your package into Debian,

Riley Baird