Re: CI tests

On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 4:25 PM, Ole Streicher <olebole@debian.org> wrote:
> gregor herrmann <gregoa@debian.org> writes:
>> I think autopkgtest just calls `dpkg-source -x', so applying patches
>> depends on the source package format (i.e. for "3.0 (quilt)" they
>> will be applied).
>> But as tests should use the installed package anyway, in most cases
>> this shouldn't matter, IMO.
>
> In one of my packages (eso-midas), the test sources have a bug so that
> they do not run outside of the (compiled) source tree. The patch is
> simple and does not affect the runtime test, and it would make it quite
> difficult to maintain if I would need to apply it manually when running
> CI.

if you use the source format 3.0 (quilt), then you most probably you
won't have any issue.

given that you do my suggestion is: just upload the package, if CI
fails, then try to fix it, instead of thinking what errors might
happen.

If you want to test it before uploading, then autopkgtest is fairly
easy to use, and if you won't you can ask people with access to
services like debomatic [0] to upload and test your package (but the
autopkgtest execution depends on the isolation grade you ask for).

[0] http://debomatic-amd64.debian.net

--
regards,
Mattia Rizzolo