CI tests

Hi,

for one of my packages (python-astropy), I want to create a Continuous
Integration test. However, I seem to not understand some basics:

* Are the tests done with the installed package, or with the installed
  sources, or both?

* I would need just one one-liner per test, so my debian/tests/control
  file looks like:

--------------------------8<-----------------------------
Test-Command: python -c "import astropy; astropy.test()"
Depends: python-astropy

Test-Command: python3 -c "import astropy; astropy.test()"
Depends: python3-astropy

  Is this enough? Shall I "cd $ADTTMP" before (or what is the cwd when
  the test starts)?

* On which distribution is CI run? unstable? testing? experimental?
  Does it run on non-free or contrib distriutions?

Best regards

Ole