Re: CI tests

gregor herrmann <gregoa@debian.org> writes:
> On Fri, 10 Apr 2015 13:11:47 +0200, Ole Streicher wrote:
>
>> gregor herrmann <gregoa@debian.org> writes:
>> > Quoting from:
>> > https://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=autopkgtest/autopkgtest.git;a=blob_plain;f=doc/README.package-tests.rst;hb=HEAD

>> Are they just unpacked, or also patched?
>
> I think autopkgtest just calls `dpkg-source -x', so applying patches
> depends on the source package format (i.e. for "3.0 (quilt)" they
> will be applied).
> But as tests should use the installed package anyway, in most cases
> this shouldn't matter, IMO.

In one of my packages (eso-midas), the test sources have a bug so that
they do not run outside of the (compiled) source tree. The patch is
simple and does not affect the runtime test, and it would make it quite
difficult to maintain if I would need to apply it manually when running
CI.

Best regards

Ole