Re: Upstream using git submodules

On Thu, Dec 03, 2015 at 11:10:55AM +0000, Ghislain Vaillant wrote:
> You were close, there is a --git-pristine-tar-commit option that does just
> that ;-)
>
> So your final command should be:
>
> gbp buildpackage --git-upstream-tag=upstream/v0.5.1
> --git-debian-branch=debian/sid --git-submodules --git-no-pristine-tar
> --git-pristine-tar-commit

Thanks again for your help! The --git-pristine-tar-commit option that I somehow
overlooked seems to do the trick.

> The pristine tarball must include the content of the submodules for the
> builders to be able to build your source package. All the builders need to
> build a package is a source tarball, a debian tarball and a .dsc.

Again, thanks for the clarification and your patience. Hopefully this
conversation and info will help me proceed with the next steps in packaging
while keeping the number of mistakes to a sane and manageable minimum!

Best regards,
--
Diego M. Rodriguez
36B3 42A9 9F2F 2CFB F79B  FF9B B6C4 B901 06BC E232