Re: general question about quilt patch handling

Hi,

> For example, if 3.patch has not been forwarded upstream yet, then I
> would definitely modify it (instead of creating a new patch).

I've modified 3.patch - in the course of the modification one line has
been deleted (perl "use" statement) as it's not needed anymore.
Therefore some subsequent patches now complain, e.g.

Applying patch 4.patch
patching file xxx
Hunk #1 succeeded at 482 (offset -1 lines).
Hunk #2 succeeded at 2211 (offset -1 lines).

Subsequent patches apply successfully but I'd like to get rid of
those messages. What is the recommendation here?

a) instead of removing the use line, just leave it in?
b) just add another empty line for the deleted one in 3.patch (testet -
works)? But IMHO also "not nice"
c) add a new patch which just deletes the use statement which would be
the last in series file?

Thanks for your suggestions,
Werner