Re: "not-binnmuable-all-depends-any" problem exists for Multi-Arch: foreign, too?

Johannes Schauer wrote...

> Quoting Christoph Biedl (2015-09-30 08:25:50)
> > Personally, I'm not happy about adding extra magic to version numbers
> > to identify binNMUs and would rather introduce a way to define a range
> > of version numbers a package satifies, like in
> >
> > | Version: 5.25-3+b1            # upper bound
> > | Also-Satifies: 5.25-3         # lower bound
> >
> > or by allowing two version numbers in the Version: header. But that's
> > certainly not my cup of tea, and might bring in a huge amount of new
> > problems I cannot even imagine yet.
>
> in fact, this can already be done:
>
> Package: foo
> Architecture: any
> Version: 5.25-3+b1
> Provides: foo (= 5.25-3)

Oy! So what's the reason those who trigger binNMUs do not utlize this
feature? Then packagers can abandon this ugly and fragile
foo (>= ${binary:Version}), foo (<< ${binary:Version}.1~),
dependency construct.

    Christoph