Re: "not-binnmuable-all-depends-any" problem exists for Multi-Arch: foreign, too?

On 09/30/2015 12:13 PM, Jakub Wilk wrote:
> * Jens Reyer <jre.winesim@gmail.com>, 2015-09-30, 03:20:
>>  Depends:
>>    ma_foreign (>= ${source:Version})
>>    ma_foreign (<< ${source:Version}.1~)
>
> This is what Lintian recommends when you can't use the "=" dependency,
> but it might be too loose.
>
> The intention was to include all binNMUs, but exclude newer sourceful
> uploads. But a sourceful stable upload would have a "+debX.Y" suffix,
> which is smaller than ".1~".

Right. So should we change the general advice (lintian, wiki) for these
cases to:
 (>= ${source:Version})
 (<< ${source:Version}+c~)
?

I can think of the following versions, sorted from lowest to highest:
version~bpoX (backports)
version
version+bX   (binNMU)
version+c~   (the next possible version after +bX, probably
              never used in practice)
version+debX (stable/security updates)
version+nmu  (obsolete nmu variant, shouldn't be used today)
version.1    (NMU)

Greets
jre