Re: rules file and build directory

On Wed, 15 Jul 2015 10:52:07 +0200, Eugen Wintersberger wrote:

> override_du_auto_test:
> 	cd <BUILDDIR> && make my_super_test
>
> My original question was: where do I get BUILDDIR from? For instance,
> when you use cmake the build directory (relative to the location where
> the rules file is running) is obj-x86_64-linux-gnu. I learned this from
> the output of the build process. However, this obviously depends on the
> architecture. What I would like to have is a procedure which retrieves
> me this information.

Maybe dpkg-architecture can help here:

% dpkg-architecture | grep GNU_TYPE
DEB_BUILD_GNU_TYPE=x86_64-linux-gnu
DEB_HOST_GNU_TYPE=x86_64-linux-gnu
DEB_TARGET_GNU_TYPE=x86_64-linux-gnu

Looks very much like your BUILDDIR. And can be queried (not sure
which of the 3 variables) like:

% dpkg-architecture -qDEB_BUILD_GNU_TYPE
x86_64-linux-gnu

Cf. for examples:
https://codesearch.debian.net/perpackage-results/DEB_BUILD_GNU_TYPE%20path%3Adebian%2Frules/2/page_0

Oh, and this has been discussed before:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2011/09/msg00198.html
should answer your question:
- either use obj-$DEB_BUILD_GNU_TYPE
- or try --builddirectory

Cheers,
gregor

 : :' : Debian GNU/Linux user, admin, and developer -  https://www.debian.org/
   `-   BOFH excuse #391:  We already sent around a notice about that.