Re: obj-x86_64-linux-gnu / DEB_BUILD_GNU_TYPE / cmake

* Mathieu Malaterre <mathieu.malaterre@gmail.com>, 2011-09-11, 17:32:
I would like to know if there is an easy way to get the PATH of the build tree in case of a dh --buildsystem=cmake build ? The name generated is obj-x86_64-linux-gnu on my machine, and comes from the value of DEB_BUILD_GNU_TYPE.

Looking at debhelper source, it's indeed obj-$DEB_BUILD_GNU_TYPE. (Which is an odd choice, DEB_HOST_* would make more sense. Also, I don't quite understand why any machine type has to encoded in the directory name…)

However I could not find if there was a way for me to retrieve this ?

Why do you need it in the first place?

The other way around for me would be to explicitely define the build directory,

--builddirectory

--
Jakub Wilk