Re: Replacing roxterm's multiple binary packages with one

On 10/06/15 12:53, Dominique Dumont wrote:
On Tuesday 09 June 2015 17:22:30 Tony Houghton wrote:
Depending on its size, it may be better to keep roxterm-common: this
package is arch:all and this would avoid duplication these data for each
arch.
IIRC I was thinking of doing that a long time ago (before the GTK2/3
split) but was advised against it because the data files weren't very
big. But they're probably considerably bigger now, mainly because of the
translations.

Then we need the current data size to find out the best solution.

roxterm-common 2.9.5-1 in the previous/current release has a package size of 182.1KB. roxterm-gtk3:amd64 is 145.1KB, and roxterm-gtk3-dbg:amd64 is 411.8KB. My prototype monolithic package for amd64 (including debugging symbols) is 902KB.

I suppose the relative size of the existing dbg packages makes a strong case against including debugging symbols in the main package.