Re: Replacing roxterm's multiple binary packages with one

On Monday 08 June 2015 16:54:53 Tony Houghton wrote:
> roxterm-common (data files, roxterm-gtk2 and roxterm-gtk3 depend on it)
> roxterm-gtk2, roxterm-gtk3 (binaries)
> roxterm-gtk2-dbg, roxterm-gtk3-dbg (corresponding debugging symbols)
> roxterm (virtual package depending on roxterm-gtk3)
>
> I want to replace them with a single package, "roxterm". I'm not quite
> sure how to set up the package relationships to do this. I would like
> the new roxterm to automatically replace roxterm-gtk3, so I think I need
> to add Replaces: roxterm-gtk3 to the new roxterm, and AFAICT from the
> policy manual I should use Breaks as well (rather than Conflicts).

Depending on its size, it may be better to keep roxterm-common: this package
is arch:all and this would avoid duplication these data for each arch.

Next, you may want to consider what will happen if (or when?) gtk4 appears on
your radar screen: will you split roxterm package again ?

Hope this helps

--
 https://github.com/dod38fr/   -o- http://search.cpan.org/~ddumont/
http://ddumont.wordpress.com/  -o-   irc: dod at irc.debian.org