Re: Please criticize the package I have been working on, https://github.com/pelliott80/simplescreenrecorder-dpm.git

On Sat, Mar 14, 2015 at 07:15:17AM +1100, Riley Baird wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Mar 2015 08:27:23 -0500

> d/changelog:
> +You should only list versions of the package that will actually be in
> Debian, so get rid of the vivid entry.
> +The changes you make before the initial release generally aren't
> important enough to go in the changelog.
> +Generally, new packages should have priority low.
> *Close the ITP bug.

Yes, but remember I don't own this bug, I want to
show these change to upstream and the bug owner.
Perhaps they will clone, or pull these changes.

If I get it working, let them have the fun of
closing the bug.

> d/control:
> *Where is simplescreenrecorder-lib?

This is a very important point. Usually, libs
are more difficult... But often initial version
is not bad. it is a good idea to insure easy update.

> d/copyright:
> *DEP-5 convention is to use GPL-3+ instead of GPL-3.0+
> *Remove the "<" and ">" signs from the "Source:" field.
> *Include the licensing information for the build files like aclocal.m4,
> configure, m4/* and build-aux/*
> *There are some files in glinject/ that are MIT licensed.

OK

--
Paul Elliott                               1(512)837-1096
pelliott@BlackPatchPanel.com               PMB 181, 11900 Metric Blvd Suite J